With the combined effort of Neighbourhood Watch Volunteers from across Boondall and Carseldine Police Divisions, Volunteers In Police. Police Liaison Officers and North Brisbane Crime Prevention Unit, it was a very successful day at the latest ‘Watch Out for Motor Vehicle Security‘ community event which was held at Taigum Square Shopping Centre.
Volunteers spoke with the many attendees and provided them hints on tips on how best to secure their motor vehicles. Anti theft number plate screws were also fitted for free.
Today marks 12 years since the launch of the original Turning The Screws On Crime project, and in that time the QPS with their valued helpers have fitted thousands of anti theft screws to vehicles. Local Police and NHW volunteers remain committed to making North Brisbane a safe and secure place to live, work and visit.
Some basic motor vehicle tips are:
- Always lock doors and close windows when your vehicle is unattended
- Keep valuables out of sight
- Park your vehicle off the street, preferably in your yard or at a staffed parking centre
- If parking your motor vehicle on the street, select a well-lit area.
- Install an effective anti-theft device.
Please visit vehicle security tips for more information on motor vehicle security.